John Terry's hearing is expected to go into a third day as the Chelsea skipper contests a charge of using racist language.
Terry is facing an FA independent regulatory hearing into a charge that he used a racist slur towards QPR's Anton Ferdinand in October last year.
The 31-year-old was accompanied by Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck at the hearing at Wembley Stadium on Tuesday morning, and the defender departed shortly after 1pm.
He is expected to return on Wednesday to hear evidence in his favour - with team-mate Ashley Cole possibly called upon again to testify.
Cole gave evidence that helped exonerate Terry in his Westminster Magistrates Court case in July related to the same incident. Cole told the court: "We shouldn't be sitting here."
Meanwhile, former Chelsea coach Ray Wilkins, who also testified on the Blues defender's behalf in court, has said he is prepared to go to the FA hearing to support Terry, who announced his international retirement on Sunday.
Wilkins told ESPN: "I called John immediately after his decision to resign from the England team to see how he is. We didn't talk about my attendance at the FA hearing, but I am there for him if he needs me.
"I gave evidence on his behalf at the magistrates' court and I would do so again at the FA hearing, if they wish me to."