Autumn Statement at a glance
Dec 5 2012
By Cheryl Mullin
- Most working age benefits - including Jobseeker’s Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance and Income Support - to be uprated by 1% for the next three years.
- Child benefit is to rise by 1% for two years from April 2014.
- The basic state pension is to rise by 2.5% next year to £110.15 a week.
- The tax-free allowance for pensions is to be cut from 2014/15 from £1.5 million to £1.25 million over a lifetime. Annual allowance is to be cut from £50,000 to £40,000, saving £1 billion.
- The planned 3p-per-litre planned rise in fuel duty has been cancelled.