Dec 4 2012 By Cheryl Mullin
THESE dramatic pictures show firefighters tackling a fierce blaze which broke out in a New Jersey apartment block.
Smoke from the fire, located at the corner of Fifth Street and Bergenline Avenue, could be seen for miles around as firemen fought to bring the flames under control.
An overloaded power strip plugged into a wall socket is thought to have started the blaze in the four storey builidng.
Two people were injured in the fire and a pet dog, which was in the apartment where the fire started, died.