RESTRICTIONS on visiting have been lifted at Wirral’s Arrowe Park Hospital.
Management took the temporary measure to protect patients from the winter vomiting bug norovirus which was circulating in the area.
A spokesman confirmed the ban had been lifted and thanked relatives and friends of patients for being understanding.
He also reminded people of the need to continue to protect patients by ensuring that if you have had the bug you stay away for at least 48 hours to prevent the infection from being passed on.
Visitors were also asked to use hand gel entering and leaving the wards and not to sit on patients’ beds.