Dec 6 2012 By John Siddle
A FRAIL pensioner was rescued from a Wirral house fire by her heroic neighbour.
The 91-year-old woman became disorientated by smoke pouring through her home in Fairmead Road, Moreton.
A fully-developed fire broke out in a rear living room at yesterday morning.
A neighbour was alerted by the smoke alarm and came to the elderly woman’s rescue.
She was today praised by fire service watch manager Ian Dixon.
He said: “"Without the neighbour's swift actions we could have been looking at a very different outcome.
"The crews worked very well to quickly extinguish a well-developed fire and managed to prevent it spreading to the other parts of the house.
"This smoke alarm may well have saved the occupier's life.”
The elderly woman was taken to Arrowe Park hospital suffering suspected burns to her hand and smoke inhalation.
The neighbour was also treated for smoke inhalation at the scene by paramedics.