A BABY girl was taken to hospital after suffering smoke inhalation in a kitchen fire. Fire crews from Upton and West Kirby were called to Blakenhall Way, Saughall Massie, at 9.15pm on Monday. Food in a microwave oven had caught fire but it was out when emergency crews arrived at the scene. The four-month-old baby was given a precautionary check and taken to Arrowe Park Hospital by ambulance, suffering from slight smoke inhalation. Firefighters carried out a home fire safety check whilst in attendance.